Monday, September 28, 2015

A Problem with some Preterist views of Matthew 24

This argument won't effect the standard more well known 70 AD preterism, I've dealt with that elsewhere.  At least not as obviously relevant anyway, depends on how you define "yet".

I have seen people argue that everything Jesus talked about in Matthew 24 was fulfilled only three and a half or seven years after the Crucifixion.

I can sympathize with aspects of that view, I am now convinced the 70th Week of Daniel was fulfilled from 30-37 AD.  But what Matthew 24 describes is clearly End Times and clearly has not yet already happened.

Now to the point of this post.

I want to remind people what Jesus said in verse 6, during what I and Chuck Missler like to call the non signs.
"see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet."
That is why I disagree with trying to use these things as End Times signs at all.

But there was no point in Jesus saying that if the end He meant was going to happen in only a few years.

There is no point in telling people not to consider something a sign the end is near, if the end is already near when you're talking to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment