Friday, March 30, 2018

I may have to abandon the Mizraim in Arabia theory

Which I disused last fall in Biblical Egypt may not be Egypt.

Plenty of the issues brought forward there people do have answers to.  And now I've noticed a Achilles Heel of that model in Exodus 13:17-18.
And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt: But God led the people about, through the way of the wilderness of the Red sea: and the children of Israel went up harnessed out of the land of Egypt.
We know because of Solomon's port that the Red Sea(Yam Suf) is or includes the Gulf of Aqaba.

So we're told that going through the Land of the Philistines (The Gaza Strip) would be the short way.  He's instead taking them the long way around the Red Sea.  If they were East of the Red Sea going to where the Philistines are would not have been an inherently shorter route.

So this leads me to conclude that they were East of the Red Sea from the Red Sea Crossing to the Rejection at Kadesh-Barnea.  Then following the post I made last year about the wandering in Numbers 21 were West of it when at Mount Hor and before that the Second Kadesh, the one that marks a southern boundary of Israel.  And then went East of it again for their interactions with Moab and the Midianites.

I'm not sure which of my past Mount Sinai theories to return to.  My closer Study of Exodus 3 and 4 have lead me to conclude it wasn't in Midian.  What I've observed above does make it East of the Gulf of Aqaba.  Where I had settled on for Sinai was the post about Eden, Sinai and Iraq.

I'd also forgotten during this whole phase of mine the clear evidence of the name of Moses being Kemetic in origin, being the same as the mosis part of names like Tuthmosis.   Both Moses and Tuthmosis end with an S for us only because of Greek influence.  Though it is note worthy that those names don't show up till the 18th Dynasty.

It might be there was an offshoot of Mizraim in Arabia and that's where the Jurham Tribe came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment