Thursday, April 26, 2018

My Olive Branch to Historicists

I've laid already why I can't accept The Day=Year Theory.

One Historicist argument I can relate to is their rejecting the idea that God's Prophetic calendar simply paused from 30 or 70 AD till some time still in the future.

I do think The Beasts of Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 are Kingdoms that exist in some form right now and always have.  I don't see Gaps in Daniel 2 and 7 just as I don't see any in Daniel 9 or 11 anymore.

In Revelation I think chapters 2-3 are about the conditions of the Church Age, but I have rejected the Seven Church Ages version of that.  In every period I feel there have been Churches that can fit into each of those Seven basic types.

I also view the "Non Signs" portion of the Olivite Discourse as a description of the entire period between 70 AD and when the End Times scenario will truly begin.  And maybe the first 5 Seals can also correlate to that.

It's once you reach Revelation chapter 9 that arguing these conditions are either already fulfilled or in the process of fulfillment I view as completely not workable.

No comments:

Post a Comment