Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Maybe The Wedding Feast isn't in Heaven like we assume?

I was watching this Sermon of Peter Hiett.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3NX-XG6dgA

Now he and I don't agree on Revelation, he isn't a Futurist so he's not likely to agree with the title of this post.  But he and I agree on the subject of Universal Salvation and because of that common ground I'm still able to gain many spiritual insights watching his Sermons.

Technically this Sermon may not actually say anything to help what I'm arguing here at all.  But it was on the Wedding Banquette parable from Matthew 22 so it had me thinking about this subject.  And it brought up what I'd already heard before of Jewish Wedding Feasts sometimes lasting seven days.

In the context of what I've argued about The Bride of Christ, and my conviction that the Seven Years that Revelation 6-19 will play out over Nisan-Nisan years, including suggesting Jesus will have a second Triumphal Entry in the Nisan that ends this time period.  It has me thinking about the Wedding Feast being the Seven Days of Unleavened bread.

We tend to think Revelation 19 is placing The Wedding Feast in heaven, including me talking about this subject in the past.  But it doesn't say that, verses 7-9 say the time for the Wedding is come, then in verse 11 Heaven is opened and the Rider on the White Horse invades The Earth.  And in verse 14 the armies following him are dressed the same as the Bride in verse 8.

This suggestion can be interesting to compare to me is The Rider on The White Horse someone other then Jesus theory.  Especially since The Son of Man already came riding on a Cloud back in Chapter 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment