Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Revealing, The Rapture and The Abomination of Desolation

In the inaugural post of this Blog I argued that the Abomination of Desolation must happen before The Rapture.  Latter I argued that maybe not, then I did another post going back to my original position but without really refuting the reasons I gave previously.

I have changed my mind again, I think this is my last change on this subject because I now feel I've unraveled the mysteries that confused me before.

Let me clarify, the way II Thessalonian 2 refutes Pre-Tribe remains fully in tact.  The Abomination incident is mentioned there but it's strictly only his Revealing that must happen before The Rapture.  And before that the restrainer must be removed.

I Believe as the new name for this Blog declares, but I've always felt this way, that the events in Revelation will happen in the order they are described, with few exceptions like referencing time periods that span 3.5 years.  And Revelation does include examples of God speaking past tense of this yet to happen like Babylon's fall in chapter 14.  But I firmly reject the idea of it starting once or multiple times.

Other Bible Prophecies are snap shots of the End Times that unless they contain clear timing statements are not chronological, but Revelation's Purpose is to tell us how it all fits together.

Only other single visions even close to being large enough to consider worth taking as strictly chronologically as Revelation, and that are irrefutably End Times.  Are the last 2 visions that make up Ezekiel.  34-39 and 40-48.  Those don't conflict with Revelation's chronology in my view, I see 40-48 as correlating to Revelation 21-22.  And I see 37-39 as Revelation 20.  What's before that can fit the Day of Wrath.

Revelation 9 is when the Restrainer is removed.

When The Beast kills the Witnesses is when he's irrefutably revealed.  That is the first time Revelation irrefutably mentions The Beast, identifying him with earlier personages is valid speculation but still ultimately speculation.  Now I'm unsure if the Beast that does is the first or second, I believe both Ascend out of the Bottomless Pit.  That's a minor issue however, since I now think the second beast may be the more important one anyway.

Three and a half days latter they are resurrected, then they ascend into Heaven and the Gentile Population of Jerusalem repents and believes.

Then the Seventh Trumpet sounds, and then Revelation 12 depicts The Rapture.  Then Revelation 13 depicts The Abomination of Desolation.

I'm still open the possibility of it happening first, my point here is there is room for interpretation on it.  If it does happen first it happens very close, the same day the Witnesses were killed would be the longest before that it could happen.  The chronology I suggested in this post remains compelling to me.

Here is the thing however.  When we get to Revelation depiction of The Abomination of Desolation incident in Chapter 13 Verse 6.
"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven."
"Them that dwell in heaven" can only make sense to be as the already Raptured Church.  Blaspheming Angels wouldn't be such a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment