Saturday, September 26, 2015

Was Yom Kippur fulfilled on The Cross?

I wish I'd made up my mind and posted this before this year's Yom Kippur.

It's popular to say that since the Spring Feasts were fulfilled "on the day" of those feasts, that the Fall Feasts which we always assume are about the Second Advent will be as well.  And I have argued strongly on this Blog for The Rapture happening on Yom Teruah.

The problem is that in The Book of Hebrews chapters 8-10, Paul argues that Jesus fulled the Day of Atonement on The Cross.

I've already argued on this blog that Barabbas can be seen as the Azazel Goat, while Jesus is the Sin Offering.

And the Viel to the Temple being torn can be seen as having Yom Kippur significance.

Now I remain unconvinced of Ron Wyatt's claim about where The Ark is, that is now strongly supported by Michael Rood, and I've seen mentioned by Kent Hovind.  I however have long been convinced of Bob Conruke and Graham Hancock's theory.

But if you believe that theory, it makes Nisan 14 30 AD a fulfillment of Yom Kippur even more.  Because that Holy Day is when Blood of The Sin Offering is placed on The Mercy Seat.

I think the Tenth of Tishri could still have Eschatological significance in terms of the Jubilee being fulfilled after The Millennium and Gog and Magog.  But using Scripture to Interpret Scripture, Yom Kippur strictly speaking was fulfilled the same day Passover was.

No comments:

Post a Comment